- God wants all of you
- He asks for all of your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.
- I will explain, to my understanding and capabilities, all what this entails individually with this reading.
- God is not interested in half-hearted committment, partial obedience, and the leftovers of your time and money.
- Where you worship is into as important as why you worship and how mush of yourself you to God you worship.
- There is a right and wrong way to worship.
- The kind of worship that pleases God has four characteristics:
GOD IS PLEASED WHEN YOUR WORSHIP IS ACCURATE.
- We cannot just create our own comfortable or politically correct image of God and worship it. This is idolatry.
- Worship must be based on the truth of Scripture, not our opinions about God.
- To “Worship in Truth” means to worship God as he is truly revealed in the Bible.
GOD IS PLEASED WHEN OUR WORSHIP IN AUTHENTIC.
- When Jesus said you must “Worship in Spirit” he wasn’t referring to the Holy Spirit, but to your spirit.
- Made in God’s image, you are a spirit that resides in a body, and God designed your spirit to communicate with him.
- It is not just a matter of saying the right words; you must mean what you say. Heartless praise is not praise at all! It is worthless, an insult to God.
- When we worship, God looks past our words to see the attitude of our hearts.
- The Bible says, “Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
- We can worship God imperfectly, but we cannot worship him insincerly.
- Today many equate being emotionally moved by music as being moved by the Spirit, but these are not the same.
- Real Worship happens when your spirit responds to God, bot to some musical tone.
- Your biggest distraction in worship is yourself – Your interests and your worries over what others think about you. Worship freely keeping in mind nothing but God. Others do not matter when you are in deep connection with your creator.
- The best style of worship is the one that most authentically represents your love for God, based on the background and personality God gave to you, whether it is through singing, shouting, standing in honor, kneeling, dancing, testifying, making a joyful noise, playing musical instruments, or raising hands.
- If God intentionally made us all different, why should everyone be expected to love god in the same way?
- There is no “one size fits all” approach to worship and friendship with God.
- One thing is certain: You don’t bring glory to God by trying to be someone he never intended you to be . God wants you to be yourself.
GOD IS PLEASED WHEN OUR WORSHIP IS THOUGHTFUL.
- Jesus’ command to “love God with all your mind” is repeated four times in the New Testament
- Try praising God without using the words praise, hallelujah, thanks or Amen.
- Also, be specific. If someone approached you and repeated , “I praise you” ten times, wouldn’t it be more valuable if they told you what for and if they were more specific. God is the same way.
- Another idea is to make a list of different names of God and focus on them. God’s names are not arbitrary, they tell us about different aspects of his character.
- Being sensitive to unbelievers who visit your worship gatherings is a biblical command. To ignore this command is to be both disobedient and unloving.
GOD IS PLEASED WHEN OUR WORSHIP IS PRACTICAL.
- “The Bible says, “Offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship.”
- You have heard people say. “I can’t make it to the meeting tonight, but i will be there in spirit.”
- Do you know what that means? Nothing. It’s worthless!
- As long as you are on earth, your spirit can only be where your body is. if your body isn’t there, neither are you.
- In worship, we are to offer our bodies as living sacrifice. This does not mean something dead but God wants you to be a living sacrifice meaning to live for him.
- The problem with a living sacrifice is that it can crawl away off the altar live we sometimes do with God. Learn your way back and seek his praise if you are like me and have fallen short of living in his glory.
- Now God is pleased with different sacrifices of worship: Thanksgiving, praise, humility. repentance, offerings of money, prayer, serving others, ans sharing with those in need.
- The only thing worship costs us is out self-centeredness.
- When Jesus said, “Love God with all your strength”, he pointed out that worship takes effort and energy. It is not always convenient or comfortable, and sometimes worship is a sheer act of will, a willing sacrifice.
- When you praise God even when you don’t feel like it, when you get out of bed even when you’re tired, or when you help others even when you are worn out, you are offering a sacrifice of worship to God. THAT PLEASES GOD.
QUESTION TO CONSIDER:
- Which is more pleasing to God now – my public worship or my private worship? What will I do about this?