- God wants all of you
- He asks for all of your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.
- I will explain, to my understanding and capabilities, all what this entails individually with this reading.
- God is not interested in half-hearted committment, partial obedience, and the leftovers of your time and money.
- Where you worship is into as important as why you worship and how mush of yourself you to God you worship.
- There is a right and wrong way to worship.
- The kind of worship that pleases God has four characteristics:
GOD IS PLEASED WHEN YOUR WORSHIP IS ACCURATE.
- We cannot just create our own comfortable or politically correct image of God and worship it. This is idolatry.
- Worship must be based on the truth of Scripture, not our opinions about God.
- To “Worship in Truth” means to worship God as he is truly revealed in the Bible.
GOD IS PLEASED WHEN OUR WORSHIP IN AUTHENTIC.
- When Jesus said you must “Worship in Spirit” he wasn’t referring to the Holy Spirit, but to your spirit.
- Made in God’s image, you are a spirit that resides in a body, and God designed your spirit to communicate with him.
- It is not just a matter of saying the right words; you must mean what you say. Heartless praise is not praise at all! It is worthless, an insult to God.
- When we worship, God looks past our words to see the attitude of our hearts.
- The Bible says, “Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”
- We can worship God imperfectly, but we cannot worship him insincerly.
- Today many equate being emotionally moved by music as being moved by the Spirit, but these are not the same.
- Real Worship happens when your spirit responds to God, bot to some musical tone.
- Your biggest distraction in worship is yourself – Your interests and your worries over what others think about you. Worship freely keeping in mind nothing but God. Others do not matter when you are in deep connection with your creator.
- The best style of worship is the one that most authentically represents your love for God, based on the background and personality God gave to you, whether it is through singing, shouting, standing in honor, kneeling, dancing, testifying, making a joyful noise, playing musical instruments, or raising hands.
- If God intentionally made us all different, why should everyone be expected to love god in the same way?
- There is no “one size fits all” approach to worship and friendship with God.
- One thing is certain: You don’t bring glory to God by trying to be someone he never intended you to be . God wants you to be yourself.
GOD IS PLEASED WHEN OUR WORSHIP IS THOUGHTFUL.
- Jesus’ command to “love God with all your mind” is repeated four times in the New Testament
- Try praising God without using the words praise, hallelujah, thanks or Amen.
- Also, be specific. If someone approached you and repeated , “I praise you” ten times, wouldn’t it be more valuable if they told you what for and if they were more specific. God is the same way.
- Another idea is to make a list of different names of God and focus on them. God’s names are not arbitrary, they tell us about different aspects of his character.
- Being sensitive to unbelievers who visit your worship gatherings is a biblical command. To ignore this command is to be both disobedient and unloving.
GOD IS PLEASED WHEN OUR WORSHIP IS PRACTICAL.
- “The Bible says, “Offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God – this is your spiritual act of worship.”
- You have heard people say. “I can’t make it to the meeting tonight, but i will be there in spirit.”
- Do you know what that means? Nothing. It’s worthless!
- As long as you are on earth, your spirit can only be where your body is. if your body isn’t there, neither are you.
- In worship, we are to offer our bodies as living sacrifice. This does not mean something dead but God wants you to be a living sacrifice meaning to live for him.
- The problem with a living sacrifice is that it can crawl away off the altar live we sometimes do with God. Learn your way back and seek his praise if you are like me and have fallen short of living in his glory.
- Now God is pleased with different sacrifices of worship: Thanksgiving, praise, humility. repentance, offerings of money, prayer, serving others, ans sharing with those in need.
- The only thing worship costs us is out self-centeredness.
- When Jesus said, “Love God with all your strength”, he pointed out that worship takes effort and energy. It is not always convenient or comfortable, and sometimes worship is a sheer act of will, a willing sacrifice.
- When you praise God even when you don’t feel like it, when you get out of bed even when you’re tired, or when you help others even when you are worn out, you are offering a sacrifice of worship to God. THAT PLEASES GOD.
QUESTION TO CONSIDER:
- Which is more pleasing to God now – my public worship or my private worship? What will I do about this?
I apologize to all of you all for being absent and not posting on my site for a long time due to some circumstances i have had to face. With God all things are possible. Learn from even the negative situations in life and make it a blessed opportunity for your life.
- Like any other friendship, you must work at developing your friendship with God.
- It will not just happen by accident because it takes desire, time and energy.
- If you want a deeper connection with anyone you do things to make them see that, you try to be a part of their everyday lives, take them out on dates, call them through the night etc.
- Nothing should change with God, put in the same energy, and even more, to establish a strong undeniable relationship with the Lord, your God.
I MUST CHOOSE TO BE HONEST WITH GOD:
- The first building block of a deeper friendship with God is complete honesty – about your faults and your feelings
- Recently, i have stopped a potential relationship because of what i found out . There was a lot of dishonesty and even though i cared for the young lady, I am able to realize that i would rather not establish a relationship that has a “sand built” foundation. Honesty is the key to all successful relationships.
- If perfection was a requirement for friendship with God, we would never be able to be his friends as perfection is an unattainable state; Well, except you are Jesus Christ.
- In the Bible, the friends of God were honest about their feelings, often complaining, second-guessing, accusing, and arguing with their creator. God, however, didn’t seem to be bothered by his frankness; in fact, he encouraged it. Be bold and understand that you can contact god by speaking to the winds not using any form of technology of face to face contact but be mindful that he is the Lord Almighty and be respectful and dignified to that.
- What may appear as audacity God views as authenticity.
- To be God’s friend, you must be honest to god, sharing your true feeling, not what you thing you ought to feel or say. That is being honest over formulating a story.
- The difference is that one is from your heart and the other is a formulation of words that make the next person feel better about things, aka being fake.
- Until we mature enough to understand that God uses everything for good in our lives, we harbor resentment toward God over our appearance, background, unanswered prayers, past hurts, and other things we would change if we were God.
I MUST CHOOSE TO OBEY GOD IN FAITH.
- He said, “You are my friends if you do what i command”. No one can say that he doesn’t hae this right.
- Jesus used the words, “friends of the king” in a royal court. While these close companions had several privileges, they were still subject to the king and had to obey his commands.
- We are friends with God, but we are not his equals.
- We obey God, not out of duty of fear of compulsion, but because we love him and trust that he knows what si best for us.
- We want to follow Christ out of gratitude or all that he has done and continues to do for us, and the closer we follow him, the closer our friendship becomes.
- Jesus said, “I have loved you even as the Father has loved me. Remain in my love. When you obey me, you remain in my love, just as I obey my Father and remain in his love. I have told you this so that you will be filled with my joy. Yes, your joy will overflow!”
- His relationship with his Father is the model of our friendship with him.
- The friendship isn’t passive, its acts. When Jesus, asks us to help the needy, love others, share our resources, keep our lives clean, offer forgiveness, and bring others to him, love motivates us to obey immediately.
- We are often challenges to do “great things” for God. Actually, God is more pleased when we do small things for him out of loving obedience because it shown that we involve him constantly not only when we meet a big problem that we cannot face ourselves. They may be unnoticed by others but God notices them and considers them acts of worship.
- Great opportunities may come once in a lifetime, but small opportunities surround us everyday so take advantage of those and please God always.
I MUST CHOOSE TO VALUE WHAT GOD VALUES:
- This is what true friends do, they care about what others view as important to their lives.
- Let God’s agenda be yours as well.
- What does God care about the most? The redemption of his people
- This is the whole reason Jesus came to this earth. He wants all of his lost children to be found.
- The dearest thing to the heart of God is the death of is son.
- The second dearest thing is when his children share that news with others. To be a friend of God, you must care about all the people around you whom God cares about. Friends of God tell their friends about God.
I MUST DESIRE FRIENDSHIP WITH GOD MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE:
- The Psalms are filled with examples of this desire.
- You must long for, crave, yearn, and hunger for God’s friendship.
- Jacob‘s passion for God’s blessing on his life was so intense that he wrestled in the dirt all night with God saying, “I will not let you go unless you bless me”.
- God, who is all-powerful, let Jacob win because he saw the desire in his heart. Wrestling in this sense means personal contact and imagine if you have this type of contact with your creator. Will you let him God?
- He loves it when you are passionate about his love.
- The real truth is that, you are as close to God as you choose to be.
- Intimate friendship with God is a choice not an accident.
- Do you really want it?, Are you willing to live by his word and ignore all that is bad?, Ask yourself all this but more importantly?, Do you think it is worth it?
- You may have been passionate about him in the past but you have lost the desire. If you have just been going through the motions spiritually, don’t be surprised when God allows pain in your life.
- Not because he allows bad in your life because he doesn’t but because pain is the fuel of passion, it energizes us with an intensity to change what we don’t normally possess.
- Your problems are not punishment, they are a wake up call from a loving God. God is not mad at you; he’s mad about you, and he will do whatever it takes to bring you back into fellowship with him.
YOUR MOST IMPORTANT RELATIONSHIP:
There is nothing, absolutely nothing more important than developing a friendship with God. It is a relationship that will last forever. Remember it is your choice. You are as close to God as you choose to be.
QUESTION TO CONSIDER:
- What practical choices will I make today in order to grow closer to God?
- Draw close to God and God will draw close to you – James 4:8