- God wants to be your best friend.
- Your relationship to God has many aspects: Although God is your Creator, Maker, Judge, Redeemer, Father, SAvior, and much more, the most shocking truth is that the Almighty God yearns to be your friend.
- An ideal situation is with the story of Adam and Eve and the relationship they shared with God before the devil attempted to steal them away.
- DO NOT LET SATAN STEAL YOU AWAY FROM THE ALMIGHTY GOD.
- A relationship with God is always unhindered by guilt and fear.
- Friendship with God is possible only because of the grace of god and the sacrifice of Jesus Christ.
- Jesus said, “I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his masters business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my father I have made known to you.”
- It’s difficult to imagine how an intimate friendship is possible between as omnipotent , invisible, perfect, God and a finite,sinful human being.
- But what does it mean when God wants me to be a friend?
- We learn six secrets of friendship with God but we will look at two of them on this day and more in later days to come.
WE CAN BECOME OUR GOD’S BEST FRIEND:
- Through constant conversation: Not just by attending church once a week of even having a daily quiet tome; Friendship with God is built by sharing all your life experiences with him. He wasnt more than an appointment in your schedule, he wants to be included in every activity, every conversation, every problem, and every thought. THAT IS A TRUE FRIEND. PRAYING WITHOUT CEASING MEANS CONVERSATING WITH GOD THROUGH OUT THE DAY NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE OR WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
- A common misconception is that “spending time with God means being alone with him. Of course, as Jesus modeled, you need time alone with God, but that is only a fraction of your waking hours.
- The key to friendship with God, he said, is not changing what you do, but changing you attitude toward what you do. What you normally do for yourself, you begin doing for God, whether is it eating, bathing, working, relaxing, or even taking out the trash.
- Today, we often feel we must “get away” from our daily routine in order to worship God, but that is only because we haven’t learned to practice his presence all the time.
- Because God is with you all the time, no place is any closer to God that the place where you are now.
- Pray shorter conversational prayers continually through the day rather than trying to pray long sessions of complex prayers.
- TAKE ONE DEEP BREATH AND SAY THIS PRAYER: “You are with me.” “I receive your grace.” “I am depending on you.” “I want to know you.” “I belong to you.” Help me trust you.” For me to live in Christ, you will never leave me, you are my God”
- Pray this as often as possible until it is rooted deep into your heart. Just be sure that your motives is to honor God and not control him.
- Practicing the presence of God is a skill, a habit you can develop.
- You must train your mind to remember God.
- You can use the technology God has allowed our minds to create as a reminder of a watch to remind you to say a few words you your friend in Jesus Christ.
- Remember, we do not praise God to feel good, but to DO good.
- Your goal is not a feeling but a continual awareness of the reality that God is always present.
- Through Continual Meditation: This second way you can establish a friendship with God is by thinking about his Word throughout your day. Meditate on who God is and what he has done, what he has said in his Word, The Bible.
- It is impossible to be God’s friend apart from knowing what he says.
- You can’t love God unless you know him, and you can’t know him without knowing what he has to say. He is willing to know everything about you as a true friend so hear what he has to say as well.
- While you cannot spend all day studying the Bible, you can think about it throughout the day, recalling verses you have read or memorized and mulling them over in your mind.
- Meditation is often misunderstood as some difficult, mysterious ritual practiced by isolated monks and mystics but meditation is simply focused thinking. anyone can perform it anywhere at any time.
- When you think about a problem over and over in your mind, that’s called worry. When you think about God’s word over and over, that’s meditation. If you know how to worry then you know how to meditate. You just need to switch your attention from your problems to Bible verses. The more you meditate on God;s word, the less you will have to worry about.
- Friends share secrets, and God will share secrets with you if you develop the habit of thinking about his Word throughout the day.
- Develop the practice of reviewing the truth in your mind, thinking about it over and over.
- The Bible says, “Friendship with God is reserved for those who reverence him. With them alone he shares the secrets of his promises.”
- Start practicing today by practicing constant conversation with God and meditation on his Word. Prayer lets you speak to God, meditation lets God speak to you. Both are essential to becoming a friend of God.
QUESTION TO CONSIDER?
- What can I do to remind myself to think about God and talk to him more often throughout the day?