- The smile of God is the goal of your life.
- Since pleasing God is the first purpose of your life, your most important task is to discover how to do that.
- Fortunately, the Bible gives us a clear example of a life that gives pleasure to god, his name was Noah.
- In Noah’s day, the entire world had become morally bankrupt and everyone lived for their own pleasure not God’s.
- God became so displease and disgusted with the world that he regretted making mankind and considered wiping it out.
- God examined all people and saw that Noah was the one sole man whose hearts’ desire was to bring pleasure to him and he decided to start over with Noah’s family.
- Because of Noah’s obedience to God, You and I are alive today.
- With his life, we learn, five acts of worship that makes God smile.
God smiles when we love him supremely.
- This is what God wants from you the most, a relationship; He wants to fellowship with us.
- God made you to love you and he longs for you to love him back. Jesus called it the greatest commandment.
- He said, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment”
God smiles when we trust him completely.
- Even when it didn’t make sense, Noah trusted and pleased God with all that he was asked to do.
- There were three problems with building a boat that big that could have caused Noah to doubt.
- First, Noah had never seen rain prior to what God told him was going to happen, the flood.
- Second, Noah lived hundreds of miles from the nearest ocean so even after building a ship how could he get it to water?
- Thirdly, there was the problem of rounding up all of the wild animals and then caring for all of them without possibly getting killed.
- Even with all of these, Noah proved that trusting God completely means having faith that he knows what is best for your life.
- It took Noah 120 years to build the ark, I imagine that he faced many discouraging days with no sign of rain year after year. He was definitely criticized and called crazy but even with all of this he continued building and trusting God.
- Trusting is an act of worship so ask yourself now; In what areas do you need to trust God completely?
God smiles when we obey him wholeheartedly.
- Saving the animal population from a worldwide flood required great attention to detail and logistical explanations. Everything had to be done just as God prescribed it.
- The bible tells us Noah’s response: “So Noah did everything as God had commanded him”
- If God asked you to build a giant boat, don’t you think you might have some questions, objections, reservations etc?
- Noah didn’t, he obeyed God wholeheartedly.
- Don’t procrastinate and say, “I,ll pray about it”, Do it without delay.
- God doesn’t owe you an explanation or reason for anything he asks you to do. Understanding can wait but obedience can’t.
- In fact, you will never understand some commands until you obey them first. Obedience unlocks Understanding.
- Don’t pick and choose what commands to obey, obey them all. for example, don’t go to church and say that you don’t want to praise of give tithe, etc.
God smiles when we praise and thank him continually.
- Noah’s first act after surviving the flood was to express his thanks to God by offering a sacrifice.
- He did not relax and relent on his commitment to God after his reward.
- Because of Jesus’ sacrifice, we don’t offer animal sacrifices as Noah did; Instead, we are told to offer “the sacrifice of praise” and “the sacrifice of thanksgiving”
- We praise God for who he is and what he has done.
- Moms cook for us because they enjoy the joy it brings to us and in return, we thank them and tell then how enjoyable it was which brings a smile to their faces.
- That is how worship works with God. We enjoy what God has done for our pleasure and we express that enjoyment to god to bring him pleasure in return.
God smiles when we use our abilities.
- You may feel like the only time God is pleased with you is when you are doing “spiritual” activities.
- Every human activity, except sin, can be done for God’s pleasure if you do it with an attitude of praise.
- Anytime you reject any part of yourself, you are rejecting God’s wisdom and sovereignty in creating you.
- There are no nonspiritual abilities, just misused ones. Start using your;s for God’s pleasure.
- God also gains pleasure in watching you enjoy his creation. He gave you eyes to enjoy the beauty he created, he gave you ears to enjoy sounds, your nose and taste buds to enjoy smells and tastes etc.
- Every act of enjoyment becomes an act of worship when you thank God for it just like thanking your mother for the good food she made.
- Parents do not require for their children to be perfect, of even mature, to enjoy them. They enjoy them at every stage of their development.
- He knows you are incapable of being perfect or sinless so he looks at the attitude of your heart.
QUESTIONS TO CONSIDER:
- Will you make pleasing God the goal of your life?
- Is pleasing God your deepest desire?
- Since God knows what is best for you, in what areas of your life do you need to trust him most?