For God has planted them like strong and graceful oaks for his own glory. Isaiah 61:3 (LB)
- The moment you were born into this world, God was there as an unseen witness, smiling at your birth. He wanted you alive and your arrival gave him great pleasure.
- God did not need to create you, but he chose you for his own enjoyment. You exist for his benefit, his glory, his purpose and his delight.
- You will never have a problem with feeling insignificant anymore. It proves your worth.
- What greater significance could you have? You were hand-picked by the great God himself.
- Just like God, the one greatest gifts God has given you is the ability to enjoy pleasure.
- He wants you to enjoy life not jus endure it. you can do this because he created you in his image and he has the ability to enjoy so you do as well.
- BRINGING PLEASURE TO GOD IS CALLED “WORSHIP”.
- Anything you do that brings pleasure to God is called worship but it is far more than these expressions of ceremonies, candles, singing, going to church etc.
- Worship is far more than music.
- Every part of a church service is an act of worship: praying, scripture reading, singing, confession, silence, being still, listening to the sermon, taking notes, giving an offering, baptism, communion, singing a committment card, and even greeting other worshippers,
- As long as you are doing in with an open and loving heart in the glory of God, you are worshipping,
- For example, we see that one ethnic groups music can sound like noise to another ethnic group and vice versa but god likes variety and enjoys it all.
- There is no such thing as christian music; There is only christian lyrics.
- Worship is not for your benefit.
- We worship for God’s benefit. When we worship, our goal is to bring pleasure to God, not ourselves.
- If you have ever said, “I didn’t get anything out of worship today,” you worshipped fort he wrong reason.
- In Isaiah 29 God complains about worship that is half-hearted and hypocritical.
- God’s heart is not touched by tradition in worship, but by passion and committment.
- Worship is not a part of your life; it is your life.
- Worship is not just for church services. We are told to “worship him continually” and to “praise his name from sunrise to sunset”
- Every activity can be transformed into as act of worship when you do it for the praise, glory, and pleasure of God.
- How is it possible to do everything to the Glory of God?
- By doing everything as if you were doing it for Jesus and be carrying on a continual conversation with him while you do it.
- Work becomes worship when you dedicate it to God and perform it with an awareness of his presence.
QUESTION TO CONSIDER?
- What common task could I start doing as if I were doing it directly for Jesus?