- The way you see your life shapes your life.
- For instance, if you think life is a party,your primary value in life will be having fun etc.
- You may be basing your life on a faulty life metaphor.The bible offers three metaphors that teach us God’s view of life which is the more important view and not ours.
- Life on earth is a test:
- God continually tests people’s character, faith obedience, love, integrity, and loyalty
- God constantly watches your response to people, problems, success, conflict, illness, disappointments, and even the weather
- He even watches the simplest actions like when you open the door, when you pick up a piece of trash, or when you are polite toward a clerk or waitress.
- We don’t know all the tests god will give us, but we can predict some of them, based on the bible.
- You will be tested by major changes, delayed promises, impossible problems, unanswered prayers, undeserved criticism, and even senseless tragedies.
- A very important test is how you act when you can’t feel God’s presence in your life.
- When you understand that life is a test, you realize that nothing in significant in your life.
- Some tests might seem overwhelming, while others you don’t even notice. Realize that all of them have eternal implications.
- The Bible says, “God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm; at the time you are put to the test, he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out. For example when i complain about being broke and fail to realize that at least i am eating 3 meals and i have a roof over my head with friends and family that will love and support me. Why complain?
2. Life on earth is a Trust
- Our time on earth and our energy, intelligence, opportunities, relationships and resources re all gifts from God that he has entrusted to our care and management.
- The Bible says, “The world and all that is in it belongs to the LORD; the earth and all that live in it are his.”
- We never really own anything during our brief stay on earth. God just loans the earth to us while we are here
- It was God’s property before you or your ancestors arrived, and God will loan it to someone else after you die. You only get to enjoy it for a while.
- It is just life using someones car. You will take care of it right? Sometimes even better that yours.
3. Life is a temporary assignment. this is the topic of the next day : Day 6 so stay tuned.
“At the end of your life on earth, you will be rewarded according to how ell you handled what God entrusted you with. That means everything you do, even simple daily chores, has eternal implications.”
“God promises three rewards in eternity
- First you will be given God’s affirmation.
- Next, you will revieve a promotion and be given greater responsibility in eternity.
- Then you will be honored with a celebration
“Most people fail to realize the money is both a test and a trust from God.
QUESTION TO CONSIDER: “What has happened to me recently that I now realize was a test from God? What are the greatest matters God has entrusted to me?