Day 1 Key Points:
- The purpose of your life is greater than your own personal fulfillment.
- You were born by his purpose and for his purpose.
- The biggest mistake that we make is starting at the wrong point; ourselves. We asked self-centered questions like What do I want to be? What are MY goals? What should I do with my life? etc.
- It is God who directs the lives of his creatures; everyone’s life is in his power
- You didn’t create yourself so why not ask the one who created you those questions above?
- Remember that only the creator or the owner’s manual can reveal the purpose of its invention.
- Life is about letting God use you for HIS purpose and not you using him to achieve your purpose.
- Focusing on ourselves will never reveal our life’s purpose.
- No doubt, you can reach your goals in life by aiming high, believing in your self, working hard, involving others, never giving up etc. but there is a difference between achieving your goals and fulfilling a life purpose.
How do i find my purpose:
- The first option to discovering your purpose is speculation meaning you take a guess at it through your experiences or peer knowledge.
- The more meaningful alternative to this is REVELATION meaning turning to God’s word. the best way to discover the purpose of an invention is to ask the inventor; same thing here, ASK GOD rather than speculating and pondering.
God has not and will never leave us in the dark so do not ever think that he will not hear you if you try to pray, no matter where you are, what you have done, what you have been thru or who you are, he will always be there because he created you even when you didn’t ask him to.
What steps do you take:
- First discover your identity and purpose through a relationship with Jesus Christ. Prayer, Worship(even at home not just church), fasting, doing right, eliminating as much sin as controllable, building yourself in God etc.
- God created you without your input so only he knows why. He knows more that you so just ask him. You can choose your spouse, career, friends etc but one thing is for sure, you did not choose your purpose and you cannot change it because unlike job changing, your purpose is eternal.
- Finally, remember that the purpose of your life fits into a much larger cosmic purpose that God has designed beyond just earth but also eternally.
PONDER ON THIS: In spite of all the advertisement around me, how can I remind myself that life is really about living for God, not myself?
STAY TUNED FOR MORE. The next 40 days will be miraculous if you just open your minds and listen